Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Cost
Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Cost – If don’t like your present kitchen cabinet layout and storage capacity, consider replacing them. In case that suits you the way the cabinets are build and they are structurally sound, just dated or scratched externally, you can create your Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Cost sparkle for a lot less cash simply by obtaining the cabinets refaced.
* If the cabinets come in good condition both inside and out but the hardware is blah or outdated, make a magic pill by installing new pulls, knobs and hinges. These start around $2 -$4 each with the standard home improvement center, but sometimes be $20 -$50 apiece or maybe more for custom designs and colours. ThisOldHouse.com displays photos of customized knobs and pulls from $10 -$140 each.
* Refacing the cabinets in the typical Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Cost starts around $1,000 -$3,000 for rigid thermofoil (RTF) or plastic laminate and $2,500 -$6,000 for real wood veneer (about 1/4-inch think), although costs can rise to $7,000 -$9,000 or more for the large project with high-quality wood veneer.
* Materials alone run about $200 -$500 for the do-it-yourself cabinet refacing project, but the work can be both messy and time-consuming. Specialized veneer tools for instance rollers, blades and irons may add $5 -$60 or higher.
What must be included:
* The contractor will remove all doors, drawer fronts and hardware; install veneer for the remaining bases; you can add new matching doors, drawer fronts and hardware. A typical cabinet refacing job takes a couple of days, although a fairly easy project can be done in a day, and more complex ones will need longer than four days. HomeAndGardenTV.com provides illustrated do-it-yourself directions.
* The most cost effective veneer choices RTF, which can be exceedingly durable, all to easy to clean, comes in numerous styles and will be produced to look like a painted surface or wood. Plastic laminates are slightly more expensive and are available in additional colors but aren’t as durable. Wood veneers what are most costly option — usually costing about 25 % greater than laminates. BobVila.com reviews choices for cabinet hardware and refacing veneers; and Betters Homes & Gardens displays a slideshow of ideas for unique cabinet makeovers.
* The paperback Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Cost: Making a well used Kitchen New retails for $19.95.
Shopping for refacing cabinets:
* Contractor referrals can be found with the National Association in the Remodeling Industry.
* Get several estimates, making clear precisely what is (and isn’t) included in each quote. Request and check references; question the contractor’s length and kind of experience; and make certain they’re properly bonded, insured and licensed where you live. Determine if you’ll find any complaints with all the Bbb.